- About ACI
- News & Events
- Student Services
- Contact Us
Court Reporting Career Online
Arlington Career Institute’s Online Court Reporting program offers all the benefits of the ground program, along with the freedom and flexibility gained through online learning. Stenograph and Schoology are used as hosts, which allows ACI to access all record-keeping documents, assignments, virtual classroom chat logs, forum postings, exams and other student communication.
The online delivery of court reporting competencies enables students to practice challenging material in order to meet the competency standards of each course. Graduates of this program are fully prepared for an entry-level position as a court reporter.
System Requirements for Case CATalyst (Court Reporting Software)
At Arlington Career Institute, we are passionate about your success. In order to be considered for enrollment in the Online Court Reporting program, you must have access to the following minimum technology requirements:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7
* Vista is not compatible.
Computer Processor (CPU)
- Windows 10 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 7 – A processor speed of 2GHz or higher. An Intel i3, i5, i7, or AMD equivalent is strongly recommended.
- Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 – 2 GB of RAM or more.
- 40 GB hard drive with at least 20 GB of free space. An 80 GB hard drive or larger is recommended.
- A DirectX 9 compatible video card with a minimum of 256 MB Video RAM.
- SVGA monitor capable with a 1024×768 or higher resolution.
- A Windows compatible sound card for audio recording at 8KHz, 16-bit.
- A Windows compatible external, self-powered or battery powered microphone.
- At least two USB ports.
- Optional Equipment
- A Windows compatible mouse or other pointing device.
- NOTE: A PC with Function Keys is recommended.
This document does not address Apple computer recommendations.
For information, click Stenograph’s article about using Case CATalyst on an Apple computer.
STUDENTS USING A MAC are responsible for ensuring the computer is partitioned properly to run Windows. ACI does not provide assistance with the partition. Make sure the computer has a return or exchange policy in case incompatibilities arise. It’s strongly recommended when using a Mac to use Bootcamp to both partition and then install Windows onto that partition. Stenograph does not support the use of Case Catalyst court reporting software through Parallels.
Click here for the program description and outline of our Court Reporting program.
To learn more about the occupational outlook for Court Reporting from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, click here.